Vegan Pea Soup

Vegan Pea Soup Recipes

This Vegan Pea Soup is so nutritionally dense, and tastes amazing!
Pea soup has always been my go to meal whenever I've been ill, it even got me through my pregnancy! There's something about a creamy yet heavy meal that just settles the stomach!
Make this with the quantities stated, and you will have extra to freeze for future use.



Ingredients:
1 tbsp oil
1 medium sized onion (chopped)
1 bay leaf
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 1/4 cups dried split peas
1/2 cup barley
2 tsp salt
7 cups water
3 carrots (chopped)
3 stalks celery (chopped
3 potatoes (diced)
1/3 cup parsley (chopped)
1/2 tsp each of basil, thyme, and black pepper

Vegan Pea Soup Recipe

1. In a large pot, sautee in the onion, bay leaf, and garlic in the oil (about 5 minutes).

2. Add in barley, peas, salt, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 2 hours.

3. Add carrots, celery, potatoes, parsley, basil, thyme, and pepper, and let simmer for another hour.

4. Soup is now ready to serve, or you can blend it together. I love to blend mine so it is a nice, smooth, and creamy consistency!

I use my Nutribullet to blend up this recipe!